Saturday, December 29, 2012

Coffee and Cigarettes

Here's to a fantastic November!

I've made great friends who I can't even think about leaving, School is getting better, my host family is amazing as usual, and I have a social life once more!

Every weekend & Freitag night I've gotten together with one or more of my friends and hung out. Almost every time has begun on Freitag night, and ended on either Samstag or Sonntag morning.

My deutsch is getting better by the day. I write 90% of the time in deutsch with a few englisch words thrown in. I'm not entirely speaking yet, but when I can I do. I can understand more than ever, but class is still incredibly difficult to decipher, as as of yet I haven't done much in any class aside from Englisch, simply because I can't figure out what's going on.

It's getting colder and darker, and during every pause my friends and I all go outside to the bus stop to smoke and it's always eiskalt!!!!! I'm becoming an avid train traveler, though I haven't been on a bus in Pulheim yet. I walk pretty much everywhere I go, Bahnhof, town, ect.

I ended up going to the doctor last week after my wrist had been hurting for a solid week. Found out I have a ganglion cyst (i believe that's how you spell it) and since then I've had to wear a wrist brace, which I'll include a picture of. Now I've noticed a similar bump on my other wrist and I'm a little worried. I go back to the doctor next week so I'll have him look at my other wrist while I'm there.

On the 15th I'm going to Koblenz to meet up with my very first family. I'm very excited, we're going to a Christmas market!

Last week on Donnerstag night I got a little ambitious and took a pair of scissors and cut my hair shorter, it looks really good, I'm very happy with it.

In other news I'm switching to a different Englisch class where three of my friends are, hopefully. I still can't really read Deutsch, only conversational Deutsch and simple things. I'll try to get a picture of my scheduled posted at some point, it's pretty crazy.

So now since I have Phsyik frei I'm going to get some things done, mostly reorganizing my binder and the massive pile of papers on my desk I've been meaning to sort through.

And a quick shout out to the WONDERFUL Jordan who sent me a box of goodies including RING POPS(!!!!!!), a sweater, and something to write it!!!! I LOVE it, danke sehr!!!! 

Guten morgen all those in the USA!

--
Fairly Deutsch ;)

(bad quality sorry)

Brace

Haircut

1 comment:

  1. Hallo! sorry I haven't sent anything in a while; I've been rather busy, and a bit lazy. Sorry again. Actually I don't even know if you're going to see this, being nearly four months and all. I know you're busy and all, having adventures in europe; but a few snippets and updates here and there. Anyways how are things? I'm guessing you're nearly fluent at this point. I've been keeping myself fairly busy, I've meet a lot of new people this year, including a girl named Kelly, who is quite lovely and awesome to be around. Applied to perpich; feel like the interview went well, but I'm still waiting to see if I got in. Took up throwing again, as well as drawing; forgot how much I loved them. Oh and I've started going to the University meetups, which is just full of fantastic people, and I absolutely love it.

    And i'm a bit tired so sorry if that doesn't make much sense

    - Talk to you later, Gabriel

    ReplyDelete